- Teacher Appreciation Week, May 3rd-May7th!!
- Spirit Day, May 7th! Wear Your Spiritwear!!
- Order Your Yearbook here. Use the following link to order your yearbook. No late orders accepted. Orders must be placed by May 10th.
- PTA Meeting: May 12th 7PM. Zoom link in weekly blast.
- Book Fair, May 17th-May 21st. Details below
- Lunch volunteers needed. Details below
- Central Face Masks & Haddonfield Pura Vida Bracelets are Available! See below.
- Set Central School as your Amazon Charity! Details below
- Opt-in for Room Parent Communications. See below.
- Renew or Join the Central PTA. Sign up here.
- Opt-in for PTA Communications. Sign up here.
- Order your Spiritwear! Place your orders here.
- Follow us on Social Media for Reminders & Updates
- Instagram: Centrales_pta
- Facebook: Central Elementary School Parents Page (private) and/or @centralesPTA (public)
OUR TEACHERS ARE THE GREATEST!!
We’ve planned a wonderful week to celebrate our amazing teachers, and we need your help!
When is it?
Monday, May 3rd through Friday, May 7th
What do we have planned?
1) Sunday May 2nd: Chalk the Walk--Grab some chalk and head to Central to Chalk the Walk with words of Appreciation for our Amazing Teachers so they can see it when they come in on Monday!
2) Monday May 3rd: Hot/Cold Grab and Go Breakfast with Coffee Bar (organized/sponsored by the PTA)
3) Tuesday May 4th: Students may bring a flower from home to create a class bouquet (classroom room parent to supply vase(s))
4) Wednesday May 5th: The PTA will set up an afternoon treat for the teachers, (organized/sponsored by the PTA).
5) Thursday May 6th: bring a letter, drawing, poem to your teacher for Teacher Appreciation Week. Virtual Students please bring to the main office prior to Thursday and we will make sure your teachers receive them.
6) Friday, May 7th: Typically, we conclude the week with a wonderful luncheon. Unfortunately, due to covid we cannot do that but we will be treating the teachers to a Grab and Go lunch catered by The Bread Board.
2021 BOOK FAIR: A little later in the year....but no less FUN!
Dates: Monday, May 17th - Friday, May 21 st
*All Central students will be given time to shop during their regularly scheduled library time!
- CONTACTLESS PAYMENT: While we will continue to take cash, check or credit cards, consider this student-friendly and contactless payment option:
- EWallet - Follow link for instructions to electronically fund your child's EWallet! It's a contactless, prepaid way to send money with your child! CENTRAL eWALLET LINK
- CLASSROOM BOOK DONATIONS: This year there are TWO WAYS to donate books for the whole class to share!
- Book Fair Purchase - Send additional funds with your child to select a book for the classroom! Mrs. Miller can help select a great book!
- Classroom EWallet - Follow the links below to donate money to your teacher's eWallet. Funds will be used for classroom purchases.
- Teacher links will be sent directly from your teacher and added below as they are set up and shared by the teacher...
- VIRTUAL FAIR: Would you prefer to do your shopping at our online fair? Open 5/9-5/22! Central Virtual Fair
- FAMILY NIGHT: Due to space concerns, we will be unable to offer Family Night this year
- VOLUNTEERS: To limit contact, we will not be using volunteers this year.
- QUESTIONS?: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We THANK the administration, teachers and parents for making every effort to make this event possible this year!
This sign-up covers 10 weeks of volunteer needs. Volunteers will help cover lunch blocks for each grade (20 min lunch, 25 min recess). These are the time slots Haddonfield School District has asked for parent volunteers to help at Central each day. You are allowed to sign up for multiple blocks on a given day. I know this seems overwhelming but we can do this! We have about 400 kids in Central and we have 460 slots to fill. Please try and volunteer for at least one slot per child you have at Central. If everyone volunteers, we will be very close to filling our volunteer spots and getting our children back in school full time! For those of you with more flexibility or who would like to do a regular date and time, we would love that too! We will take as much or as little time you can offer.
Check the weekly e-blast for the sign up link or you can ask a room parent.
Though we encourage everyone to support our amazing downtown right now and to shop local, if you are going to shop from Amazon, please set Central School as your charity through Amazon Smile. It’s so easy to do and Amazon then donates a small portion of eligible purchases to Central.
The one catch is that it will only make that donation if you make your purchase through Amazon Smile, not Amazon. However, you can now turn on Amazon Smile in the app as well as shopping Amazon Smile on the computer! Open the app and find ’Settings’ in the main menu (☰). Tap on ‘AmazonSmile’ and follow the on-screen instructions to turn on AmazonSmile on your phone. Please also consider sharing with your Friends & Family. Click here to link directly in support of Central School, or go to smile.amazon.com and enter 32279 Central School PTA in the "pick your own charitable organization" search box.
AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support Central School every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com,it is the same thing as shopping at Amazon.com with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to Central School. You use the same account on Amazon.com and AmazonSmile. Your shopping cart, Wish List, wedding or baby registry, Prime status and other account settings are also all the same!
Thank you for supporting our school!!
In order to receive Room Parent communication, you will need to opt-in to Room Parent communication. Please review the PTA email newsletter for specific links to each classroom's google form. Please fill out your student’s designated teacher’s form so your room parents can be in touch. These forms are teacher specific so if you have multiple children, you need to fill out your child's designated teachers form.
Central Elementary School does not share your email address with the PTA. In order to be included in emails from the Central PTA regarding PTA activities and volunteer opportunities, you must opt-in each school year. Please opt-in here.
Central School Spirit Days are celebrated each month (usually the first Friday starting in October). Order your Spirit Wear in time for our first Spirit Day! Place your orders here.
We appreciate you supporting our elementary school with your orders!
If you need assistance regarding spiritwear please feel free to reach out to the PTA spirit committee. Jessica Silvestri - email@example.com Holly Silvestri - firstname.lastname@example.org.